Trothmoot 2014 will be 12-15 June, at Osage Hills State Park in Oklahoma! We had a fine time at this site in 2011, and we're returning this year for another great time for Heathen fellowship, worship, and fun!
We're working on getting more information up, but for right now, here are the basics:
- Who: Trothmoot is open to all members of the Troth. Non-members are also welcome to attend, and need not be Heathen / Asatru; however, Trothmoot is a Heathen gathering with a religious focus, and while non-Heathen guests need not participate in any activities they don't want to, they are expected to be respectful of the purpose of the event and the values and positions of the Troth.
- What: A detailed schedule of activities will be posted later, but for now: Blóts (worship rituals) will be held to several of the Gods and Goddesses. Workshops will be offered on various topics of Heathen interest. The Troth's main annual business meeting allows members to voice concerns, put forth proposals, and get to know the organization's leaders. Meals will be served in the main hall, concluding with a Feast on the last evening (we can accommodate special diets if need be). And in the concluding Grand Sumbel, we honor our gods and our ancestors, and our own achievements, past and future.
- Where: Osage Hills State Park is located eleven miles west of Bartlesville, Oklahoma, just off US Highway 60 between Bartlesville and Pawhuska. From US 60, turn south at Oklahoma Highway 35. Trothmoot will take place at the group campsite, which includes a large main hall with a fully equipped kitchen, and surrounding cabins with bunk beds; mattresses are provided, but you'll need to bring your own linens and pillows.
- How to Get There: The nearest major airport is Tulsa International Airport (TUL), served by five major US airlines (American, Continental, Delta, Southwest, and United) and with all major national car rental companies. The closest alternates are Wichita Mid-Continent Airport (ICT), Northwest Arkansas Regional Airport (XNA), and Oklahoma City's Will Rogers World Airport (OKC), all of which are about 160 miles away, but possibly worth it if you can get better connections or cheaper fares. The nearest Greyhound Bus service is to the town of Dewey, Oklahoma, just northeast of Bartlesville; Greyhound also serves Tulsa. If you're interested in carpooling, feel free to post a request on the members' e-mail list, and fellow members will do what they can.
- What else:: We’ll have a full schedule of events throughout Trothmoot, which we hope you’ll take advantage of. Still, if you need a break from moot activities, Osage Hills State Park boasts miles of hiking and bike trails, a swimming pool (fee $4/adult/day), a playground, tennis courts, and fishing on Lookout Lake or Sand Creek. (Fishing licenses can be bought in Bartlesville at sporting goods stores or even at Wal-Mart. Fishing boats and pedal paddleboats are available for rent in the park.)
The write-up about Trothmoot 2013 will remain below while details are worked out for TM 2014. This should give you more of an idea of what happens at a typical Trothmoot.
Trothmoot 2013 will take place on the West Coast, from May 30 - June 2. Location will be in Kern County, CA at the Tehachapi Mountain Park. There are cabins and tent space available. Our kitchen sedition staff will be cooking up a storm of great heathen feastery. Registration dates will be announced soon, and this year's Trothmoot will be more economical than last year! Save your pennies and get ready for great workshops, community, our annual meeting, the grand feast and sumbel. It's been a long time since we have had a moot on the West Coast.
For full information on this year's gathering, please click the following link for our Frequently Asked Questions: FAQ. Registration is Full - no further registrations can be honored.
There will be Vé (ON plural and singular), or shrines, to a number of chosen Gods and/or Goddesses at Trothmoot 2013. There we will be able to enjoy private moments in worship. Activities at the Vé will not be on the Trothmoot schedule; rather they are informally arranged by members. The Trothmoot Committee will determine the location of the Vé and coordinate which Vé will be built. Any deliberate damaging of Vé or attempts to disrupt devotions will result in the removal of the offender(s) as well as any applicable disciplinary actions determined by the Rede. In conformance with our Position Statement, any hailing of Fenris, Surt, Jormungandr, and allied wights (excluding Loki) remain forbidden anywhere at Trothmoot and other Troth-sponsored events.
Let the Trothmoot Committee know which Gods or Goddesses you would like to see a Ve for, or better yet, offer to help the Committee with Trothmoot in any way you see fit! Thank you once again to those who help plan and those who attend Trothmoot. The 2013 Trothmoot Committee is headed by Lisa Morgenstern. Hail the Troth!
The Official Trothmoot 2012 25th Anniversary T-Shirt - limited amounts still available!
· Help us cover the costs for our moots by buying these gorgeous T-Shirts
· Designed by Dan Oropallo, after our original Troth Logo
· Please specify size. Shirts available in:
§ White on Black (S,M, L, XL)
§ Gold on Navy (very limited edition in S, L only)
· Price: $20 plus shipping and handling ( $6.00 ) via PayPal or by check or money order to: The Troth, 24 Dixwell Avenue, Suite 134, New Haven CT 06511. Please expect 4-6 weeks for handling and delivery. For questions please email us at email@example.com
· Members and non-members welcome to purchase these collectible T-Shirts.
· Get yours now or buy one at Trothmoot! Supplies limited.
| · This beautiful, high quality, cloissoné pin is available as a fundraiser to help cover the costs for Trothmoot 2012, our 25th annual heathen gathering.
· Pin is one inch x one inch with a military clasp on the back.
· Suitable for stewards, clergy, and anyone who wants to identify themselves with the Troth.
· Price is $12.00 plus shipping ($2.00) via PayPal or by check or money order to: The Troth, 24 Dixwell Avenue, Suite 134, New Haven CT 06511. Please expect 4-6 weeks for handling and delivery. For questions please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
You will not find this offer anywhere else. Get yours today!